Danny's 5 keys for Nebraska (B1G Tourney)
By Danny Breslauer
1) The emphasis must be driving the basketball early & often. Nebraska lacks rim-defense size & has ZERO depth. It will be the same five guys for 95% of the game if you let them play without foul trouble. Geo Baker & Montez Mathis need to take advantage in 1st half for #Rutgers.
2) While Isaiah Roby will get some looks from 3 in high-screen action, RU can't let a 2nd option get hot for the Cornhuskers (i.e. Watson or Palmer). They're coming off a sharpshooting game vs. Iowa & only shoot it at 34 percent from deep... so maybe a mean regression in store?
3) The Scarlet Knights posts should be excited. Tanner Borchardt is the true post for Nebraska, & is a great matchup for all three of RU's bigs (Johnson, Carter & Doorson). This is the kind of game in which RU should be +10 on the glass.
4) In #Rutgers' 76-69 win over Nebraska at the RAC on Jan. 21 (which feels like an eternity ago), Isaac Copeland was healthy - now out w/ a torn ACL - & put up 16 points, 8 rebounds. Nebraska hit 9 threes, but gave up 49 points combined to the trio of Mathis, Baker & Johnson.
5) Steve Pikiell is 2-0 in @B1GMBBall Tournament Wednesday games since becoming @RutgersMBB head coach, beating Ohio St. in DC in '17 & Minnesota at MSG in '18. Good matchup Wednesday night vs. Nebraska for the right to extend the season & face Maryland on Thursday afternoon.
If you haven’t listened yet here’s our new episode with our guest Joel Salvi. Just press the play button.